Friday 2 August 2013

UCLan student joins Conference team

Sports Coaching student Joe Lolley has signed for Kidderminster Harriers.

The 20-year-old, who has agreed a one-year contract at Aggborough, hit a prolific 88 goals in 83 games for Midlands Combination side Littleton last season.

This summer he was part of the Great Britain team which finished runners-up at the World University and College Games, for whom Harriers player-coach Steve Guinan was assistant manager. He went on to have a trial at Harriers - coming off the bench to score a hat-trick in a pre-season friendly at Chasetown - and was subsequently offered a deal.

"It's brilliant to get a contract, something I've always have wanted and dreamed of, so hopefully now I can just work hard and make sure I keep a future within the game," said Joe. "I hope it’s a long time before I hang my boots up, but I’ll be able to take what I’ve learned at UCLan into my career after football by working towards my badges and becoming a coach in the future."

Harriers boss Steve Burr believes Joe could have a big future ahead of him: "He is the type of player who just gets in to the right place at the right time and we have kept a good eye him. It is important we keep in perspective what we expect of him straightaway, but we feel there is quite an exciting talent here."

No comments:

Post a Comment