Friday 3 February 2017

UCLan BA (Hons) Sports Coaching & Development student making a difference as a Community Trust Coach at FTFC

Matt Chadwich is a 2nd year BA (Hons) Sports Coaching and Development student who has been working part time as a Community Trust coach alongside his studies. He began his coaching journey by volunteering at a summer camp in 2016, after 200 hours of volunteering work he got a offered a job as a part time Community Trust Coach at Fleetwood Town FC.

Matt says "There's two sides to Community Trusts, there's the school side and the community side. I go into primary schools and take P.E. lessons, I do lunch time activities and after school clubs. I have recently started going into high schools as well."


"The community side of things is about making a difference to people's lives within the Fleetwood area. I take football development sessions at the training ground for kids. I go into areas at night time  and set up football matches to help get kids off the street, I also go into care homes to spend time with the elderly."




No comments:

Post a Comment